Thursday, February 16, 2012

Colorless Mind

The boy with the colorless pajamas.
Look at how the black and white pajamas sway off his body.
He looks just like me , but he dreeses funny.
Why does he live on the other side of the fence .
Why does his whole family wear colorless pajamas .
His cheeks look dirty .
His body look beat up.
If hes a kid like me why doesnt he want to play.
I wonder if hes afriad
I wonder if hes aloud to have friends.
I wonder if he knows im staring at him from my window.
Maybe we arent the same

8 comments:

  1. "If he's a kid like me, why doesn't he want to play."

    This line really shows the mentality of a kid. It's kind of cool how you did that. I'm trying to figure out how the title relates to the whole point of the poem. Do the colourless images represent a colourless imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the concept of the poem. I can see it from both sides as I read. It's obvious that the narrator lives a better life than the boy with the colorless pajams and the narrator is wondering why or how.. .. . It's good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite line: "Maybe we aren't the same"
    The poem is okay. I mean the poem is like telling you everything he wears, what he looks like, just straight up. You aree pretty much just questioning yourself. But what is the heart of the poem? i mean the poem got me thinking like "why is he wearing colorless pj's?" so the poem does have that affectingh but i still dont know what the heart is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could do alot better with the imagery. "His cheeks look dirty .
    His body look beat up"
    Don't necesseraly tell us about him. Describe him through his actions and the way he looks and stuff. >>>Steal<<< I'm pretty sure you know what im taking about. Also recheck it for grammar mistakes. But besides all that I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Line: "I wonder if hes afriad
    I wonder if hes aloud to have friends."


    When i read this poem, a lot of ideas popped in my head. I think this poem is about a homeless,abused or poor child. And how he's scared to socialize with other people, because he might not fit in or might get picked on ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of reminds me of the movie boy with the striped pajamas. I like the poem though because you could tell that the person talking is confused on why the boy lives the way he lives. Like what I got out of it is everyone is supposed to be equal and its not like that at all. I'm not sure if I'm right but that's what I got out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Favorite Line: Maybe we arent the same."

    I liked this poem. I think it shows that even though it seems like the two have a lot in common, there is more to a person than you can see. They had the same pajamas, yet they are completely different people, they don't think alike. I like the imagery that was used in the poem, I couuld really picture the kid and his family all t=in the same colorless pajamas. 3/5 Estrellas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so your poem is about the Holocaust and you got the idea from that movie, The Boy in the Stiped Pajamas. I would have to say, that with such a sad subject, I feel that you can pay attention to much more details about the boy to help out understanding of the conflict. You say things very straight forwardly and it doesn't really make me think. You should add more words that give color to the poem and make it more complex and interesting. I think it's a good topic to talk about, but I think you should try to look at it in a different way.

    ReplyDelete