Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Road Too Happiness

My home life never really felt like the brady bunch
nor did it have the asperation like my wife and kids
we sure werent as crazy as the simpsons
and we didnt do idiotic things like family guy
but to me it was a place i called home


My mother was unhappy
she struggled and lived her life
as if she was a single parent
even though there was another presence
it didnt make a differance to her
she seemed like she had given up and was
done with the verbal disagreements


I hated the way mom felt
I knew it was wrong
but to let go of my old life
I couldnt do
but watching tears fall from her face
the heartache she indeared everyday
I was being selfish
as her daughter i knew more than anyone
I didnt want that life for her anymore



Instead of our family of four
it quicky turned into a family of three
words couldnt express how my world
felt like it tilted to one side
I knew this was the best
so I as I sat in the passager side
of the car
Welcome To New Jersey
was the sign I saw
let my new journey begin


7 comments:

  1. I think this a very nice poem. I really like how you used the shows to get the point across. I feel that this would be a really great spoken word poem. You should read this in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED THE ENTIRE FIRST STANZA!
    I liked how you showed this other famous families and compared to to your own in a good and bad way. I wish although you would have said more on how you changed so that we can get an image on what your mom didn't like in the past and now who you are in the present. i like the last stanza too. Its like "New town, now journey" but either way i REALLLY liked this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great poem. Straightforward but good imagery. I like the first and last stanza very much but I also like every other stanza too! I like the way you express yourself. The poem was well written. I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first stanza a lot.
    But it would've been great if you reflected on the person you are now more. But other than that, the poem was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. comparing this poem to other families really helped me understand how everything was. A lot of people could relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this poem a lot. I feel that there should be more imagary, like in the beginning but other than that I really liked it. I loved the first and last stanza. My favorite was the last stanza though. I really liked it though. Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this poem. It really shows how her family is. I love how she compared her family to Family Guy, and the Simpsons, as wellm as the brady bunch. She showed the struggles really well in my opinion, and I actually wouldnt change it much. All of this is not in a picture but in her mind because the picture ignites all these memories for her.

    Favorite Line: "y home life never really felt like the brady bunch
    nor did it have the asperation like my wife and kids
    we sure werent as crazy as the simpsons
    and we didnt do idiotic things like family guy
    but to me it was a place i called home"

    ReplyDelete